Sometimes life can be stressful and overwhelming with no end in sight, and you just need a mental health day. Are you constantly on edge, ready to snap at anyone who requests anything of you (i.e. “hey can you pass me the cheese?” “SHUT UP!”)? Did your friend find a grey hair on you last week? Are people giving you funny looks, because you keep twitching spastically? If you said yes to any of these things, you probably need a mental health day. So today I am challenging you to pick one day next week (or month if you need to save some dough), and schedule a fun filled day just for you, full of all the things you love to do. Seriously, go mark it on your calendar right now. Write down a schedule of everything you plan to do from breakfast to dinner. It will give you something to look forward to all week. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Plan out a scrumptious breakfast (Mmm bacon) with a nice cup of joe, and some favorite reading material.
- Sit on a porch swing and enjoy the sunrise.
- Take a walk somewhere pretty.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Go see any movie you want by yourself with a big container of popcorn.
- Go to the bookstore, and pick yourself out a new book.
- Go shopping for something you love, such as underwear or makeup.
- Get a pedicure, a massage, or a facial.
- Allow yourself to buy something you’ve been wanting.
- Invite a friend out for lunch to a new diner you want to try.
- Color in a coloring book, do a paint by numbers, or put together a jigsaw puzzle.
- Relax on a float in some form of water all afternoon.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Plan a fun dinner party, or maybe just a romantic dinner with your significant other.
- End the night with stargazing or sitting around a fire.
That’s all I got folks. I’m sure you can think of things to add to your day that you would enjoy. Now get to planning, and pluck out those grey hairs!