Sometimes are minds get stunted, and we get stuck on the boring old path we are on thinking that is the only option. I have a fun exercise for you that will hopefully get you excited about your life, and open up your mind! Interested? Read on:
Envision absolutely anything you could possibly want for your life. Don’t put any limits on yourself. Remove from your mind the limitations of time, location, or money and dream of anything and everything that sounds amazing, fun, or just something you are interested in as a possibility for your life. This isn’t a bucket list or list of goals you hope to achieve, but more of a list of possible ways your life could go. What are all the things you could possibly want? Don’t limit yourself based on what you think is right and acceptable for you, and don’t let fear of judgement limit you on this. Be open minded to yourself! I’ve created five categories, and I want you to make a list for each one. Here we go:
1. Career: Think of exciting careers that interest you (anything & everything you can think of), and don’t let your insecurities or fears hold you back, such as I’m not talented enough, smart enough, or unique enough to do that. Here are some ideas to get your brain juices flowing:
- Fashion designer
- Basket weaver
- Hula dancer
2. Home: Think of the place you want to live. A big city with a tiny apartment? Maybe a little cottage in the woods? Or is a small town with sidewalks and a strong sense of community more your thing? Or maybe you want to live in all three! List em all. Here are some ideas:
- Country farmhouse
- Big city loft
- Small town
- The forest in a cabin
- Different country all together
- Self-sufficient tiny house
3. People: Think of the people you want your life to be filled with. This life wouldn’t be much of anything without the people we have in it, and the love and conversation they fill it with. So who do you want around? Name names.
- Significant other
- Foster children
- Screaming fans
4. Extracurricular: Think of all the things you want to do, like goals, hobbies, daily activities, etc. To me this is just as important as the career you choose. One of the reasons you have a job is to support these types of things. So what kind of lifestyle are you interested in?
- Spending time in nature
- Growing your own food
- Climbing Mount Everest
- Helping people out of debt
- Donating to a charity
5. Stuff: Think of the things you want to have. “Stuff” might not be the most important thing on this exercise, but it is definitely fun to think of, and can add a lot to your life, especially when it’s a cute cuddly kitten. So think of everything you have an interest in owning. Here’s ya some examples:
- Cat farm
- Smart car
- Room filled with books from floor to ceiling
- A vacation home
Thinking of all the things you could do or have without any limitations is exciting. It opens your mind up to all the possibilities life really has, and can help you get past the humdrum path you were set on. So have fund and be creative. Put up a piece of cardboard with representative pictures if you’re feeling fancy or maybe just make a Pinterest board. Get to dreaming.
See ya folks!