It’s the end of the week, you’re exhausted, and you’ve been going non-stop. This is the time most people go out and enjoy their weekend free from work, but you? No you’re too cheap for that (I’m talking to myself right now). It’s a cup o’ noodles and flipping through TV channels for you. It’s time to get your act together! There is nothing wrong with being a little indulgent every now and again, so to help you out, I’ve listed 10 mostly affordable ways to treat yourself. Pick one and go!
- Buy yourself some beautimous flowers. No need to wait for a dude.
- Go on a makeup shopping spree. Try on all the lipsticks until you find the perfect shade, and stock up on perfume samples.
- Take an Epsom salt bath with some essential oils and a favorite candle. Epsom salt eases stress and relaxes the body along with a lot of other awesome things. Look it up.
- Have a hot cup of tea or coffee, while listening to your favorite music amongst ambient lighting.
- Curl up under a thick cozy blanket and a read a book that takes you on an exciting adventure and keeps you turning the page.
- Buy new undergarments. I know some girls who buy themselves a new pair of underwear whenever they have a bad day, and claim it instantly makes them feel better.
- Stop at a coffee shop or bakery and have a cup of gourmet coffee with a yummy scone or muffin. Preferably somewhere with a place to sit and people watch.
- Allow yourself to binge watch a new TV series you’ve been interested in with a big bowl of popcorn, without feeling guilty for wasting time in front of the television.
- Have a girl’s night! Sometimes nothing can feed your soul like having your best gal pals over to talk about anything and everything.
- Buy a fun piece to add to your wardrobe, such as a silver sparkly dress or a quirky pair of cat flats.
Enjoy! Seriously. Go and enjoy right now. Well maybe after you get off of work, or the toilet if that’s where you are.